Job Reference: cam-seo-18074
Closing date: 2017-10-31
About the role
The Digital Marketing Specialist is a global role and will be responsible for co-managing the PPC & Digital activity for our www.abcam.com & www.abcam.co.jp sites. You’ll work alongside category managers to meet specific campaign objectives. The role is focused on pushing the right products and the best research areas. The Digital Specialist will be experienced in and motivated by all things digital.
They will report into the Head of Performance Marketing, supporting them with implementing the strategy and continuously evaluating and identifying areas to grow & change.
About eCommerce at Abcam
eCommerce is central to Abcam’s business. It’s a very visible department with close working relationships with areas such as Marketing, Website Development and Commercial. The talented team made up of experts in UX, Design, SEO/PPC and Product Owners are forward thinking, creative and solution focussed. They use the best tools available to help us truly understand our customers and their behaviour to maximise our online business and opportunities.
Roles and responsibilities
- Managing the PPC activity, managing the retargeting, aggregators, display and third party email.
- To collaborate with the China & SEO specialists within the team to ensure a joined-up approach while growing the traffic to our site.
- To support and develop the strategy of all digital paid for activities
- Work with the campaign lead to support the cross-channel initiatives.
- Build relationships and manage publishers and media partners and secure the best rates.
- Identify, test and recommend new activities
- Ensure campaigns are optimised and delivering against KPIs
- Budget planning, management and forecasting
- Undertake data analysis and reporting to measure success
- Liaise with in-house designers to create banners ads for retargeting/partnerships
You will hold a Degree, ideally in Life Science and will ideally have experience within the Life Science industry. You must have a solid knowledge of PPC and experience of delivering increased ROI through digital as well as building integrated campaigns.
You have a good understanding of Affiliate marketing and are able to create media laydowns. You can interpret data and web analytics as well as manage budgets and forecasting.
You are a creative, innovative individual able to communicate across teams and are highly adaptable to change. You are highly organised and result driven, and can work autonomously.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.