Closing date: 2017-12-22
About the role
Abcam, a rapidly expanding bioscience company, is looking for a highly motivated and dedicated training professional to join our Customer Experience team until the end of November 2018.
The CX Training Manager is responsible for the development of our UK and US Customer Service and Scientific Support teams (around 70 people) to ensure the continuous enhancement of customer experience. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the frontline training is aligned globally.
Roles and responsibilities
- Identify and assess current and future training needs:
- Use data to identify areas that need focus across the teams
- Preparation of a training road map
- Deploy a variety of training methods and use related training technologies
- Design and develop holistic training programmes to enhance our teams’ effectiveness both in quantity and quality
- Be prepared to deliver training, conduct effective induction and orientation sessions (around 30% of your time)
- Develop a framework to measure progress towards goals
- Design/Maintenance/Administration of training related systems
- Collaborate with cross-functional and global teams to plan for and direct company-wide change
- Champion customer experience and obsessively focus on what benefits our consumers and maintain a solid understanding of training trends and development
You will be measured on:
- Feedback from customers in the Net Promoter Score (NPS) survey
- Efficiency with which the teams work
- Employee engagement survey scores
You have extensive experience of identifying, designing and deploying training programmes; ideally for teams who interact with customers although the latter isn’t essential as long as you have a strong customer awareness. You have a solid awareness of how to measure the success of training programmes.
You realise that customer service is a critical part of the customer experience and a key differentiator for Abcam from our competitors. You know how to build an emotional connection with customers and have the ability to translate this into meaningful opportunities to develop our team.
Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written are a must for this role as you will be liaising with a wide variety of stakeholders.
You feel comfortable working in a continuously changing environment and have got the desire to continuously learn and improve your knowledge to keep up with the pace.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.