About the role
Abcam, a global and innovative biotechnology company, is currently looking for a Credit Controller to work in our Accounts Receivable department on a 6-months basis.
They will be responsible for protecting the company’s investment in its debtors, coordinating debts of existing debtors as well as assess risks related to new orders. The role will involve other ad-hoc duties such as issuing credit notes, manual invoices and posting invoices so as to support the team on a wider level.
This is an exciting opportunity for a strong team-player with a first credit control experience, keen to deliver excellent customer service throughout.
About Financial Services at Abcam
The Financial Services team is made up of 20 people across the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions. These areas have strong internal relationships with departments such as Sales, Marketing and Customer Service. It’s a fast paced and rapidly changing environment which requires adaptability, flexibility and drive from all team members.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Proactively contact customers via email, telephone and letter to secure payment of overdue accounts and keep records up to date. Refer any accounts to the Debt Collection Agency as required.
- Thoroughly assess risks related to new orders.
- Consistently address customer queries within 24 hours, liaising with relevant departments if necessary.
- Work collaboratively to ensure that the DSO (Days Sales Outstanding) figure is kept under the agreed limit.
- To accurately allocate and post cash and any other ad hoc duties as deemed necessary.
- Assist the Team with ad-hoc tasks when required (allocate and post cash, issue credit notes, manual invoices and posting invoices etc).
- Report any issues to the Accounts Receivable Team Leader or Manager
- Cover absences if required.
You will already be a credit controller or have knowledge of credit control, ideally dealing with both UK and international customers although not essential. You must have used an accounting system before, preferably Navision or Oracle.
Excellent communication skills are a must as you will be dealing with customers both internal and external daily, together with the ability to work to tight deadlines. You will need to have a very strong level of accuracy and attention to detail. It is essential that you can use Excel, creating and maintaining documents and including V-look-ups.
Ideally you will speak German or another European language as you will liaise with our international clients.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.