Closing date: 2017-12-01
About the role
An experienced Project Manager (PM) is required to support the Business Readiness team on a major transformation programme for 6 months, centred around the implementation of Oracle Fusion across our global business. The programme is foundational to delivering our ambitious growth strategy.
The Business Readiness team consists of change managers, training and communication specialists. This role will involve facilitating collaboration between the team’s activity with other programme delivery workstreams and the wider Abcam business functions.
The PM role requires a good understanding of business change within global ERP programmes combined with excellent project management skills including tracking and reporting progress, risk, and the impact of technical issues to non-technical stakeholders.
Roles & responsibilities
Project manage the Business Readiness team through:
• Managing a prioritised pipeline of work (tasks and deliverables) across the Business Readiness team
• Developing project plans, and working with the Business Readiness Lead to manage scope, and deadlines
• Inputting into programme wide resourcing plans, understanding future requirements and availability of resource
• Communicating project status, progress, and escalating risk and impact to business stakeholders and internal teams
• Maintaining the Business Readiness RAID log, completing regular reviews with team members
• Organising team meetings and tracking action plans
• Managing the weekly team and programme reporting cycle, collating input from team members and submitting to programme leadership teams.
• Working alongside other Programme workstream project managers to build and maintain consolidated programme wide plans and RAID logs
• Proven project management within business change in a business driven ERP rollout (multi country, preferably global). These projects would have included business process change, and the introduction of new global working practices
• Experience of global transformation programmes in fast moving business environments, co-ordinating and co-operating with other workstream leads.
• Excellent task planning and tracking skills
• Confident engaging and working with diverse stakeholders
• Excellent communicator with the ability to liaise at all levels
• Effective workshop facilitator
• Experience of key change management deliverables such as stakeholder engagement maps, change impact assessments, business readiness plans, go live support models.
• Pro-active, organised, self-starter
• Team player
• High attention to detail
• Technically savvy
• Able to handle ambiguity
• Problem solver and creative thinker
• Be prepared to lead and do!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.