Closing date: 2017-12-29
Abcam, a rapidly expanding bioscience organisation, are looking for a proactive Assistant Financial Accountant to join our Finance team based at our global Headquarter on the Science Park.
This a very exciting opportunity for you to be involved in a broad range of financial accounting activities providing you with stimulating challenges and opportunities to develop upon your existing financial accounting skills.
You have proven and demonstrable experience of all basic financial accounting tasks within a busy financial department and perhaps have even already started studying towards an ACCA qualification (not essential). We will support your development through a study support package (financial support) as well as on the job training.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Support the group Treasury team by providing forecast related data in respect of forecasting and cash management.
- Support year end and interim processes, in particular in preparation of notes to statutory accounts.
- Primary bank administrator (i.e. controlling user access etc. and sorting out access issues).
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Control and processing of recharges between the various Abcam entities, including:
- reconciliation of intercompany balances;
- managing compliance of group policy in respect of intercompany settlement
- Review of royalty accounting and review of reconciliation of stock reports.
- Regular preparation and posting of journals alongside supporting data as needed to support the journal.
- Production of ONS reports – using validated data.
- Aid the team in ensuring compliance with Group wide controls.
- Cover in preparation of VAT, Intrastat, EC Sales submissions.
- Cross-validate financial inputs and outputs wherever possible as part of an ongoing process to ensure the business has high quality financial information.
Significant experience of all basics of Financial Accounting is essential. You will have acquired that experience within a fast-paced Financial department, to include reconciliations, supporting with month/year-end processes, preparing and posting journals amongst other typical tasks.
You have started studying towards an ACCA qualification or you are very keen to start doing so.
You have excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills and an analytical approach to problem solving. Proficiency with MS Office applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook would be highly advantageous.
You should be a great team player who is personable, enthusiastic and proactive as at Abcam we are all about collaboration and initiative.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.