Closing date: 2018-01-22
About the role
Working within our Accounts Payable team which forms part of our Financial Services function, this role will assist in providing an efficient service to the business and our suppliers ensuring we pay purchase invoices within pre-agreed/contractual terms and that payment runs are systematically completed.
About Financial Services at Abcam
The Financial services team is made up of 20 people across the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions. The teams are based in the UK and work with a Global supplier and customer base providing a reliable, efficient and professional service.
Roles & responsibilities:
- The prompt and accurate processing of approved expenses and supplier invoices/credits, to help ensure payment within the agreed terms.
- Ensuring that the weekly payment runs are as seamless as possible.
- Take ownership of, and resolve all queries in a timely manner. This will involve communicating with external suppliers and internal departments.
- Plan and organise time and tasks to ensure all deadlines are adhered to.
- To work with our suppliers regarding their statements, reconciling and updating them in a timely manner to ensure any discrepancies are resolved and a positive relationship is maintained at all times.
- Keep the AP Team Leader informed at all times, escalating any problems or issues promptly.
- Assist members of the Finance Department with ad-hoc duties as required.
The ideal candidate will possess solid accounts payable / purchase ledger experience gained in a fast-paced environment. You should be used to high-volume processing.
You should be a great team player who is personable, enthusiastic and proactive.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.