Salary: £8.25 per hour
Contract: Part-time – with a view to become a permanent position for the right person.
Hours: 15-20 hours per week
Due to continued growth and expansion we are looking for an experienced Office Admin/Accounts Assistant to become part of a leading biotech company at the Cambridge Science Park.
We have a part-time office assistant position available, 15 to 20 hours per week, with a view to become a permanent position for the right person. The part-time job would involve taking care of bookkeeping and administration for a professional limited liability company.
We are in need of a meticulous, competent and organized self-starter with experience with this kind of work, and good computer skills including phone, email, word and excel.
The ideal candidate will be a discreet, responsible,task-oriented individual who is able to work independently.
Required Skills/Experience of the successful Office Admin/Accounts Assistant:
- Excellent communication and typing skills.
- Discreet, with a “can do” attitude -very important.
- Good spelling and good numeracy skills.
- Knowledge of Xero accounting software or similar (ie. Sage, Quickbooks, etc).
- Knowledge of MS office suite.
- A persistent nature would be an advantage for this role.
- A background in biology and/or chemistry would be an advantage however this is not essential.
Duties of thesuccessful Office Admin/Accounts Assistant:
- Receive/direct/relay telephone messages with a pleasant telephone manner
- Maintain the general filing system and file all correspondence
- Bookkeeping, reconciliation and debt chasing
- Perform other related duties as required
The role will suit those interested in pursuing a career in accounting or finance.
Applicants must be 18 years old or over and have a valid National Insurance Number.
Full training will be provided.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience please email us at email, sending an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
We look forward to hearing from you!
FOR AGENCIES – WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN WORKING WITH ANY AGENCY FOR THIS OR ANY OTHER POSITION THAT WE ADVERTISE.
This vacancy would be of interest to people with the following experience as/in: Analyst, Data Analyst, Data Technician, Technical Data Analyst, Administration, Secretary, Admin Assistant, Receptionist, Xero, Sage, Quickbooks, Accounts Assistant, Data Entry, Administration Assistant