Located north of Cambridge city centre, Cambridge Science Park boasts excellent transport connections, giving commuters and visitors a range of healthy, cheap and environmentally friendly travel options. We are committed to encouraging people to travel sustainably where this is possible; for example every new building on the Cambridge Science Park is provided with shower facilities and covered and lit cycle racks. Already more than 22% of commuters cycle to work.
Visitors to Cambridge Science Park
Whether you are attending a conference at the Trinity Centre or meeting an employer we recommend you plan ahead and consider which travel option suits your needs. Consider using one of the following internet travel planning tools or contact our on-site travel experts, Travel Plan Plus (TP+), to help you plan your journey.
- Walking – why not walk to Cambridge Science Park http://walkit.com/cities/cambridge/
- Cycling – Cambridge Cycling Campaign – input your start and finish point and choose a slow, medium or fast route – http://cambridge.cyclestreets.net/
- Bus – Cambridge Science Park is served by two stops for The Busway, the guided bus route between Huntingdon, St Ives and central Cambridge . Comprehensive bus timetable and fare information is available through Cambridgeshire County Council - http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/transport/around/buses/
- Train – National Rail enquiries – http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/
- Travelling by car – AA Route Planner – http://www.theaa.com/route-planner/index.jsp (to find Cambridge Science Park using in-car satellite navigation please use the following postcode: CB4 0FZ)
- Cambridge Science Park is located within reach of all major London airports:
- London Stansted Airport – adjacent to the M11 (Junction 8) approximately 30 miles south of Cambridge.
- London Heathrow – approximately 1 hour 30 minutes drive by car (72 miles).
- London Gatwick – approximately 2 hours 30 minutes drive by car (94 miles).
- Cambridge Airport – available for a limited number of European flights.
Commuting to Cambridge Science Park
If you are an existing commuter or just about to start work at Cambridge Science Park, why not visit the on-site Commuter Centre and find out how you could possibly commute to the area using greener and healthier travel options? Some of the many Commuter Centre services include:
- Electric pool bikes for FREE hire – allowing employees to use electric bicycles for journeys in and around the area or for quick visits into Cambridge city; you can even borrow one to try a cycle commute
- Car Sharing – save money and time – find who else is coming your way by logging on for FREE at www.camshare.co.uk.
- Bus Services – the park is well served by buses. If you’d like to try them ask the Travel Plan Plus team about FREE ‘try it’ Bus tickets
Discounts from Travel Plan Plus, available to companies and their employees based on the Cambridge Science Park:
- Cycle Shops over 25 cycle shops will now give you a discount – to find out which ones go to: http://www.tfw.org.uk/Discounts.php#CycleShops
- Cycle training – not been on bike since you were 15? Get some excellent discounted cycle training – go to http://www.tfw.org.uk/Discounts.php#OutspokenDiscount
- Train season ticket discounts – next time you by your ticket ask for the 10% ‘Travel for Work Discount’. For more information go to http://www.tfw.org.uk/Discounts.php#TrainDiscount
- Personalised travel planning service – Contact the Commuter Centre team and ask to take part in the “Try it Challenge”.
Sign up to a monthly TP+ e-newsletter featuring articles aimed at helping you travel sustainably. You can also follow TP+ on Twitter or visit the comprehensive website at http://www.travelplanplus.org.uk
If you do need to drive to Cambridge Science Park we encourage you to car share where possible. Car sharing makes best use of existing vehicles, saves commuters’ money, reduces congestion and protects our environment. 11% of Cambridge Science Park commuters currently car share.
Companies on Cambridge Science Park have been registered to use CamShare, the Cambridgeshire on-line car sharing matching database. It takes just a few minutes to register and identify a match. Signing up to the Cambridge Science Park database enables you to find other commuters travelling to the Science Park. To find out how much you could save by car sharing go to: http://www.travelplanplus.org.uk/services/car-sharing.html#calc
For more information see www.camshare.co.uk
PLEASE BE REMINDED THAT THE SPEED LIMIT ON THE CAMBRIDGE SCIENCE PARK IS 30 MPH.
Cambridge Science Park Employers
The Science Park is a committed member of the Travel Plan+ initiative a locally funded project that joins together employers in the Cambridge Science Park area and beyond in a successful network to promote more sustainable travel to work and on business.
TP+ runs an on-site Commuter Centre at Cambridge Science Park, where employers can find quick and easy access to local travel planning experts and an ever-expanding range of tools and initiatives to encourage sustainable travel. A comprehensive range of services to assist Science Park employers includes:
- An annual staff travel to work survey
- Guidance and support in preparing a workplace travel initiatives
- Managing the Cambridge Science Park car sharing matching database (www.camshare.co.uk), eligible to all Science Park employers.
- Help with organizing a staff or business travel events
- Running area-wide events and Commuter Showcases in park buildings
- Advice on travel planning best practice
To complement your own initiatives, we encourage you to receive and distribute the TP+ monthly e-newsletter to your employees, which contains articles and information on greener and healthier travel relevant to Science Park businesses and commuters. Join the distribution list or find out how else TP+ can support your business by visiting http://www.travelplanplus.org.uk/
Contact the Travel Plan Plus Commuter Centre Team:
TP+ Commuter Centre
Unit 13, 23 Cambridge Science Park Innovation Centre
Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 0EY