Are you interested in protecting your inventions, designs or brand but don’t know where to start? Do you want to know how to value your IP portfolio? Do you want to know if you have freedom to operate before you launch your new product?
TLIP Ltd and the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA) run IP clinics in Cambridge for the general public that are intended to give basic, general advice on:
- how your intellectual property (IP) may be protected;
- the steps you need to take to protect your IP;
- how you might value your IP porfolio (e.g. if you’re considering selling or licensing to a third party);
- what freedom to operate means and whether it is important for your business; and
- what options you have if you’re worried you might be infringing someone’s IP, or think someone’s infringing your IP.
The IP clinic will run every month or every two months in Cambridge, depending on demand from the local community.
These free clinics provide anyone in Cambridgeshire (and surrounding areas) with the opportunity to discuss their ideas with a qualified patent attorney and member of CIPA. The patent attorney will be able to provide general advice on all aspects of IP, including patents and trade marks. The discussions are confidential and each meeting will last around 20 to 30 minutes.
The next IP clinic is taking place on 31st August, on the Cambridge Science Park. Appointments are required. For more information, or to book an appointment, please contact Parminder Lally at email