The Bradfield Centre is a collaborative entrepreneurial community of technology start-ups and scale-ups housed in a stunning building at the heart of the Cambridge Science Park. The new Centre is expected to become the gateway and focal point for Cambridge’s ever-expanding technology cluster.
Designed to appeal to entrepreneurs, researchers and students, the Centre will become home to innovative high growth start-up and scale-up businesses. These will work alongside project teams from more mature, innovative businesses developing exciting new products.
The Bradfield Centre was part-funded by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and is managed by workspace operators Central Working on behalf of Trinity College. The Centre is the largest of Central Working’s global network of rapidly expanding membership-based communities.
Members have access to spacious communal facilities throughout the 40,000 sq ft building which has capacity for over 600 people. Non-members are welcome to use the café and auditorium. The new Cambridge North station is nearby with direct connections to Kings Cross and London.
The Bradfield Centre’s facilities are designed to accelerate businesses to new levels. The aim is to attract smart, ambitious, like-minded entrepreneurs and companies from both Cambridge and around the world; co-locate them in scalable, state-of-the-art facilities; immerse them in a collaborative, entrepreneurial culture; and connect them to investors, partners, mentors, advisers and potential customers. Accelerator programmes will be run on a wide range of business and technical topics. These will be a core component of the Bradfield Centre’s offer which is designed with one goal in mind – to help grow Cambridge-based businesses to a large- scale.
Occupiers of the Bradfield Centre benefit from being part of the Science Park’s 5000-strong community. The Park is currently home to over 80 companies ranging from successful spin-outs from the University of Cambridge to multinational corporations. A programme of continuous investment enables the Park to evolve to meet the needs of its occupiers. As companies outgrow the Bradfield Centre they will be offered expansion space elsewhere on the Park.
Bradfield Centre Accommodation
Three types of accommodation are available:
- hot desks in an open plan environment
- resident desks in an open plan environment
- fully furnished, private offices for between 4 and 24 people
Everyone who works at the Bradfield Centre – whether hot-desking capacity or in a private office –are members of Central Working.
Central Working Membership Benefits
Free use of Bradfield Centre facilities:
- 5 meeting rooms and a 12-person boardroom with LCD screens
- spacious breakout areas with comfy seating
- 10 phone booths
- unlimited wi-fi access
- fully-equipped kitchens with complimentary tea and bean-to-cup coffee
- 100-seat auditorium to host events and exhibitions
- outdoor amphitheatre and pavilion
- showers and changing facilities
- multi-purpose leisure room
- cycle parking
- reception services e.g. for receiving post
- automated guest sign-in system
Plus a café offering hot and cold food from 7.30am to 7.30pm
Free access to Central Working’s other clubs:
- Use of hot desks and meeting rooms in London (Bloomsbury, City, Farringdon, Paddington, Shoreditch & White City) and Manchester (Deansgate)
- Access to Central Working’s international network of clubs in locations such as New York, Cape Town, Tel Aviv & Mumbai
Free business support
- Access to a wide range of business programmes, seminars and networking events
- Tailored advice and practical support from Central Working’s dedicated business team such as signposting and introductions to investors, suppliers, partners and potential customers
The Central Working Guarantee
“We guarantee a meaningful connection to your business in your first 30 days or you, the founder, will get your money back”.